Two Strong Credit Unions Announce Their Intent to Join Together!
The board, management and staff of Kearney Eaton Employees Federal Credit Union and Kearney Federal Credit Union are pleased to announce their pending merger. KEE Federal CU Members and the NCUA must still approve the merger. Once approved the two strong credit unions will come together as partners to deliver the best cooperative financial services in the area.
“We believe the coming together will provide our members with expanded services, additional locations and enhanced product lines as well as the potential for growing our membership in today’s competitive marketplace” said Cheryl Montgomery, President, KEE Federal Credit Union.
“KEE is the ideal strategic partner for Kearney Federal Credit Union,” added Dee Schriner, President, Kearney Federal Credit Union. “We share the same mission and values and the merger will assure all members have a strong and long-term cooperative to rely on for generations to come.”
After approval from NCUA the KEE FCU membership will vote. This is likely to happen sometime in the next 90 days. In early 2015 both credit unions will come together as one with a new name and brand. Membership eligibility will become – if you live, work, worship or go to school in one of these five counties, (Buffalo, Hall, Dawson, Kearney & Phelps), you qualify to become a member of one of the most progressive credit unions in the marketplace.
The management teams and board of directors of both credit unions have come together to develop a strategic merger plan that is as transparent and seamless as possible. Once the merger is approved you will still see the same familiar faces – in fact you will now have additional staff and more locations to serve your financial needs. The menu of products and services may have different names, but the benefits and features will remain nearly the same. “The focus of our planning has been to ensure whatever we do it must be positive for our members,” added Montgomery. “We welcome the knowledge and experience of the KEE folks. This is a win-win merger for all of us,” said Schriner.
How KEEFCU Members Will Benefit
- Additional Ways to Access Your Money
- Smart Phone Banking Apps - Android & Apple
- Make Deposits With Your Smart Phone - Remote Deposit Capture
- Phone Banking & Text Banking
- A Network of Surcharge Free ATMs Nationwide
- Credit Cards
- 24/7 Lending – Apply Online or on the Phone – Any Day Any Time
- Overdraft Protection Privilege
- Combined Credit Union Staff for Greater Knowledge & Experience
- Additional Branch and ATM Locations
- Ability to Provide More Benefits for Members
- Shared Branching - A Network of Credit Unions Nationwide Where You Can Do Your Banking
- Shared Field of Membership, Values and Vision